If you’re a kayak fishing enthusiast, you probably know that the best way to better your fishing experience is by choosing a kayak that’s stable and durable. One of the kayaks that can offer you these qualities and more is the Vibe Sea Ghost 110, and for good reasons.
For instance, its exceptional stability and speed make it easy to maneuver rivers and flat waters. This kayak is even integrated with a well-balanced hull that offers unmatched performance in case of strong water currents or windy days.
So, if you’re looking to take your adventures or fishing experience to the next level, this guide offers detailed insight on why the Vibe Sea Ghost 110 is a great choice.
- Vibe Sea Ghost 110 has plenty of space to cater for all the fishing kits you require for your expedition, including two fishing rod holders, four top-loading gear tracks, two bungee paddle packs, and a fast access bow paddle park. It even comes with a storage area at the back with a bungee tie-down.
- It’s designed out of polyethylene, which can easily withstand accidental bumps and drop. Given the lightweight nature of the material, you can easily carry this kayak alone during your adventure or fishing expedition.
- This kayak features ten scuppers which help to drain water as you paddle. It even comes with paddle holders, so your hands can be free without worrying about the paddle floating away. If you’re a beginner, you’ll love the kayak’s durable and responsive Evolve Paddle.
- The cockpit of this kayak has a central console that you can customize to your liking. It’s even possible to structure it to hold any standard fishfinder.
- This fishing kayak comes with an updated Hero seat. These foldable frame seats feature low and high positions, and you can even remove and use them as camping chairs. The mesh fabric used to design the chair dries fast, and the backrest and seat are padded, ensuring that you remain comfortable during long fishing trips.
- It has a carrying capacity of 425 lbs which is better than some of its close competitors.
- The Sea Ghost 110 is 33″ wide and 11″ long and weighs 62lbs.
- At 11″ long, this boat can conveniently turn even around sharp corners. In addition, it features toe controlled rudder, which makes it more controllable and agile. You can decide not to use the rudder because this boat is still responsive with a paddle stroke.
- Toe-controlled rudder system
- Weight of 62 pounds
- 11″ Length and 33″ Width
- 425 pounds carrying capacity
- Plenty of storage space
- 6 Accessory Gear Tracks
What Users Say About Vibe Sea Ghost 110
The Vibe Sea Ghost 110 maybe a newcomer in the market, but it has begun to gain a lot of popularity among different users. Here’s what some people say about this kayak.
You can check a great video review by YakFlyFishing below:
Better Tracking In Rough Waters
Users love this kayak because its pre-installed toe-control and rudder system makes it easier to pull or turn their kayak through heavy windy waters. Most people who have kayaked on plain water with the Sea Ghost admit that the rudder system isn’t helpful.
Unlike most fishing kayaks, users of this Vibe Sea Ghost 110 say that they love its different storage compartments. This boat’s ingenious storage option is the Versa console that features small hatches with dry bags for keeping items like hooks or lures.
The console even features a watertight lid with v-shaped flip latches. You can even use this compartment to keep your fishfinder and other accessories safely. The kayak even comes with a large storage hatch at the back of the seat with a waterproof cargo bag.
While this kayak allows you to store, organize, and access your fishing gear conveniently, some users say that the different storage compartments sometimes bring unbalanced weight distribution.
A great feature about this kayak is that it features mount rod holders fitted into the stern. This offers fishing enthusiasts the option to mount two rods which increases the possibility of a catch. While on fishing expeditions, users admit that the holders cut deep in the kayak, keeping them safe and secure.
It’s also important to know that the rod holders are capped, which helps protect them against water.
View this post on Instagram
You should know that if the number of rod holders is a big concern, this may not be the ideal kayak for you. Given that some of its close competitors have four-rod holders, some users say that this kayak doesn’t increase their probability of more catch.
Plenty of Useful Gear and Accessory
Whether you’re looking for a kayak for your recreational adventure or fishing, the Vive Sea Ghost has plenty of accessories for a great expedition. At the front of this kayak is a versa console that features pre-drilled holes for cabling and mounting holes for placing the fish finder. The other exceptional feature of this kayak is the four integrated gear tracks, with two situated at the center console.
The tracks provide you the option to add accessories like camera mounts. Remember that you can only add these accessories when you use the gear mounting system.
Pros and Cons
Our rating: 4.7 / 5
- Specially designed seats to offer maximum comfort
- Features two flush-mount rod holders, meaning you can use two lines at the same time
- Its excellent stability makes it perfect for beginners
- Comes with a toe-controlled rudder system
- Offers great performance during windy and strong currents
- Excellent customization options like the ability to install a fish finder
- The foot control system and rudder may not be effective in calm waters
- The different storage compartments can sometimes cause stability issues
- The large space offers little space to stand
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Below you can find a list of the most asked questions about the Ghost 110.
What’s The Ideal Water Condition For The Sea Ghost 110?
This kayak has excellent performance when used in rivers and flat water surfaces. Handling and control may be a challenge in the case of large waves, but the stability will still be excellent. Note that the kayak is rated class II rapids, but you should be careful on the rivers you choose to take unless you’re an experienced kayaker.
Does This Kayak Come In Different Colors?
Yes, Vibe Sea Ghost comes in plenty of colors, which means that you can find a type that suits your style. Some of the common colors include blue camo, smoke grey, and hunter green.
Why Is The Sea Ghost 110 Popular For Fishing?
This kayak has excellent stability even when standing, making it a perfect choice for anyone who loves fishing. Additionally, this boat is constructed from polyethylene with a durable skid plate at the bottom, meaning that you can maneuver along rocky shorelines without worrying about damaging the kayak. It even comes with a fish finder transducer, among other fishing accessories you’ll hardly find in other kayaks.
The Vibe Sea Ghost 110 fishing kayak is specially designed for both experienced and beginner kayakers. Additionally, its ample storage space and ability to mount different fishing accessories make it a great choice over its competitors. It’s also an excellent choice for anyone in search of a speedy kayak that’s stable in choppy and windy conditions.