The Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak is an excellent inflatable kayak and one of the best kayaks from the Sevylor company. The Kayak is made with 18 heavy gauge PVC and can carry a maximum of 2 persons. Its maneuverability and design enable it to access some out-of-way backcountry waters and fishing spots otherwise only accessible on foot. It is a very stable kayak; therefore, detecting strikes is not an issue, and pulling fish will not tip it.
Sevylor Coleman Colorado Kayak is easy to use, transport, and store and one of the most robust and durable types of soft kayaks. If you’re wondering how reliable and suitable this Kayak can be, let us look at a comprehensive review of it to help you make an informed decision in case you’re looking into making a purchase.
Our rating: 4.4 / 5
Features of the Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak
- It has several air chambers that enable it to remain inflated even if one is punctured allowing you to return to the shore and repair the issue.
- The Kayak is in an airtight system that guarantees no leakage. The leak-free system contains a rubber-like bottom and a strong, tough top material and does not let water in. In addition to that, the 840D nylon cover and 1000D tarpaulin bottom provide durable and strong protection from punctures. The tarpaulin is made thick enough to enhance safety and stability.
- Double threaded Boston valves that provide a stress-free deflation after kayak fishing and inflation when sitting up.
- Adjustable seats that are meant to enhance comfort when paddling. The seats can adjust to any angle that fits you.
- Special handles that make it easier to move it into and out of water.
- A Sevylor trolling motor mount is included to increase the Kayak’s performance, make it fun, and enhance its capability.
- Has paddle holders that hold the Kayak’s paddles securely, especially when you need your hands free. It also features a quick set of Berkley fishing rod holders that are adjustable and allow hands-free fishing.
- Has mesh storage pockets on the sides and seatback pockets for keeping snacks and gears and making them easily accessible. It also has D-rings that allow you to attach other equipment.
- Inflated dimensions of the Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak are 10 ft. 9 in. x 3 ft in.
- Its upper weight capacity is NMMA certified to hold up to 470 pounds and has a capacity of two people.
- A one-year limited warranty
- Included accessories are a pressure gauge, detachable tracking fin, and a Carry Bag.
Here you can check a cool overview video by Fishing Webers:
Pros and Cons
Now that we know what to look for, let’s check pros and cons.
Our rating: 4.4 / 5
What Do Users Say About It?
- Usability: Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak is very easy to paddle, deflate, inflate, and store when not in use. It is at its best when pedaling in calm waters in lakes, bays, and even rivers. Paddling it in choppy waters and strong currents is quite a challenge. It is an ideal option for fishing but can also be used for camping trips and recreational kayaking.
- Performance in the Water: This Coleman Inflatable Kayak is very stable in water. It does not feel tippy when pulling a strong fish or when two people and their paddling gears are on board. The Kayak is easy to control as you maneuver even in rough waters and it moves fast.
- Portability: The Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2 Person Fishing Kayak is lightweight, easily foldable, and very easy to transport. The Kayak can be packed into a carrying bag, and you can keep it in your car and carry it everywhere you go. If you must hike from your car to your favorite fishing spot, the bags make it easy to carry. The Kayak has handles that help one person carry it in and out of water when fully inflated.
- Capacity: The Kayak is designed as a tandem fishing kayak. Its upper weight capacity is NMMA certified to hold up to 470 pounds and has a capacity of two people. The Coleman Inflatable Kayak can also be used as a camping kayak for one person with camping gear.
- Inflation: Inflating the Kayak is very easy and takes less than 10 minutes, thanks to the double-threaded valve.
- Fishing escapades: Its maneuverability, design, and stability make the Kayak get out of the way fishing spots without any challenges. With its stability and color, it glides silently and smoothly and does not spook the fish. As for waiting and sitting, its seats can be adjusted to any angle, and they are very comfortable. However, it has low seatbacks, which do not provide sufficient support, and this can be a disadvantage, especially on long excursions.
View this post on Instagram
Note: Ensure that your Kayak is inflated correctly; the good thing is that it comes with a pressure gauge. However, it does not come with a pump. It is recommended you get a good 12V pump, preferably one with a built-in PSI gauge. Before inflating, always remember to attach the tracking fin that it comes with.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak.
1. Does the Kayak come with a pump or paddle?
No, it does not come with a pump or a paddle. I advise getting a little 12V electric pump. It takes longer to inflate with a foot pump.
2. What are the dimensions of the Kayak when inflated?
When inflated, the dimensions of the Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak are 10 ft. 9 in. x 3 ft in. It has a wide-open space, and it’s extremely comfortable.
3. What is the weight of the Kayak when fully inflated? What is the maximum weight limit?
When fully inflated, the Coleman Inflatable Kayak weighs 40lbs. Its upper weight capacity is NMMA certified to hold up to 470 pounds and has a capacity of two people.
4. What is the average time consumed inflating and deflating the Kayak?
The amount of time spent on inflating majorly depends on the type of pump you use, but on average, it may take about 10 to 15 minutes to inflate from completely flat. Deflation depends on how fast you can fold it up and the force you use for the remaining air out of the openings as they are quite large.
5. Does it come with a rod holder?
Yes, the Kayak comes with oar holders and rod holders. The rod holders usually get on the way when you are rowing, affecting your paddling experience. You just have to adapt to that.
6. What length of kayak paddle do you recommend for this type of Kayak?
The length is usually not an issue. Get paddles of the size you are comfortable with. However, it is good to get long paddles which help you get a good deep stroke.
In a nutshell, the Sevylor Coleman Colorado is a great boat for anyone who is looking for a very durable and easy-to-set-up fishing kayak. If portability and ease of storage are your top priority, this is the ideal Kayak for you. With its maneuverability, stability, trolling motor mount, puncture resistance, and rod holders, the Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak is one of the best inflatable fishing kayaks in the market. Kayak fishing with a romantic partner or friend is a great way to bond and spend time together having fun; this is a two-person kayak and the best option for that. Sevylor makes some of the best canoes and kayaks, and this is a quality water vessel that should last years under proper care.