Who doesn’t love a nice kayaking trip on the water? It’s great exercise that puts you outdoors with nature and on the water. Whether you are out there to help get in shape for the warm weather or you are looking to fish, you are going to need a reliable kayak to use. Having the best kayak you can get is imperative as having an unreliable kayak can put you at great risk. Just as you would check out a restaurant’s reviews online to see if it’s a place worth going to, a kayak is a purchase you should do some research into.
Like with anything else, there are a lot of options online for you to filter through. There are so many questions you need to ask. What is the right choice? What is the reliable choice? The first thing you want to do when you are wanting to choose the right kayak is to do some research. When you research, you’re probably going online to see what others have said about the product.
The kayak that we are going to be looking at is the Riot Kayaks Edge 14.5. This kayak comes in a lovely orange and yellow color that really stands out on the water. You can purchase it and have it delivered, but is it worth the buy? Is this an option you will want to invest in or is it a kayak you want to stay clear of? In this article, let’s go through the basics of the Riot Kayaks Edge 14.5, as well as the positive and negative reviews people have left.
What is the Riot Kayaks Edge 14.5?
As mentioned earlier, the Riot Kayaks Edge 14.5is an outdoor kayak that you can use to fish or trek the water early in the water. Or at night in case you are wanting to use your kayak for an in the dark trip.
When you have this kayak, you can enjoy the beautiful finish that it has, which will stand out to anyone who sees your kayak outside. The sleek design allows for a smooth ride on the water. This kayak features a pilot rubber system. Also, enjoy an advanced and custom-made fitting system. The Riot Kayaks Edge 14.5 is 14.5 feet by 22 inches by 12 inches. It weighs a total of sixty pounds.
There are two storage compartments, one in the back and one in the front. It should be stated as well that there is no fishing rod holder.
Pros and Cons
What Are The Positives of owning a Riot Kayaks Edge 14.5?
Now that we have gone through the basics of the Riot Kayaks Edge 14.5? In this section, we will go over the positive reviews that owners have left online. These are online reviewers who have bought this kayak and have felt that it is a worthwhile buy. What are some of the nice things people had to say about this beautiful kayak? Let’s take a look.
- One purchaser who has owned this kayak for a few months says that it tracks well and glides properly. The seat is also comfortable, which is important if you are out on the water for a while.
- One reviewer who proclaims to be over six feet tall says that they are comfortable in the kayak. This is so you know that it is a good option if you are on the taller side and it isn’t restricted to those shorter.
- Another reviewer says that they took this kayak out on different types of water and the kayak did well in all different ones.
What Are The Negatives of Buying the Riot Kayaks Edge 14.5?
Whenever you have a product, there is also going to be a negative or two to the item. In this section, we will be going through what are some of the reasons why you should consider [perhaps] not purchasing this.
- One person has written only that they felt that the backrest for the kayak is too stiff. It’s only after replacing the backrest that they felt more comfortable when on the water.
- It seems that one reviewer got theirs in the mail already banged up. It could be a problem with the vendor, so make sure you keep an eye on this.
- While this kayak seems like a good idea for someone who is on the taller side, it also seems that if you have feet that are bigger than 13 inches then you may have an uncomfortable time having them fit inside the footrest.
Conclusion: Should You Buy the Riot Kayaks Edge 14.5?
Our rating: 4.6 / 5
In this article, we have gone over if the Riot Kayaks Edge 14.5 is a smart purchase for you. According to purchasers, it seems to be a reliable kayak that is great on the water. If you are looking for a kayak that tracks well so you can take some natural photos, then this is a good option for you. There are luckily very few negative reviews and the ones that are negative don’t seem to be consistent from one purchaser to another. If you are looking for a great option to get on the water and it will look nice, then this seems like a reasonable buy.