If you are looking for an excellent sit-in kayak, you’re not alone. Kayaking can be extremely fun and can give you a great experience on the water. Many people enjoy kayaking with others, but some just want to be out on the water by themselves. If you enjoy kayaking solo, you should consider the Pelican Sprint 120 XR for your next kayaking experience.
There are many different types of kayaks available, and it is good for you to do the appropriate research to make sure that you are choosing the right one for yourself, so that you can have the best kayaking experience possible.
The Pelican Sprint 120 XR comes with a variety of features that make it an ideal kayak for many people. Some of these features are as follows:
- A Deep V Chine Hull. This kayak has been specifically designed for people who are seeking superior secondary stability, so that they will not have to worry when they are kayaking in choppy conditions. Additionally, there will be a higher amount of responsiveness to changes in position and body weight shifts, and there will be a better return on effort.
- Better tracking because of the built in keel extension
- Weight is only 51 lb
- Easy to load and transport because it is 12 ft long and has ergonomic carrying handles.
- Equipped with a symbolic head, for the time is when you are going to be needing additional flotation
- Has been put together using Pelican’s patented RAM-X PREMIUM material. This is an extremely durable polyethylene of high molecular weight that has a top layer of advanced resin. This layer of resin will give you more rigidity while still allowing the kayak to be lightweight and convenient overall.
- Maximum capacity of this kayak is 325 lb
- Adjustable footrests
- Bungee cord
- Drain plug
- Bottle cage
- Keel extensions
- Premium knee pads
- Stern bulkhead
- Room on the deck to be able to strap down gear with bungee cords that are pre-installed
- ERGOFLEX G2 Seating System. This includes a padded seat cushion, as well as an adjustable backrest cushion. Together, these will provide you with superior support.
- Easy access to your gear with the 4-day hatch and the bottle holder that is located within the cockpit table. You can also safely stow it away in the rear quick lock hatch.
- Pelican International offers a limited lifetime warranty on this product. This means that they will repair or replace the hull on this kayak if it fails during its lifetime because of poor workmanship or poor quality in materials. All of the accessories that come pre-assembled with the product will have a warranty that lasts for one year.
As you can see, there are many great features that are a part of this item. It is considered to be an ideal choice for people who would be considered intermediate kayakers or paddlers.
Here you can check a comparison video of the 100 XR and 120 XR kayak versions (by Umiak Outdoor Outfitters):
What Do Users Say?
Most users have excellent things to say about this product. Generally, they believe that it is constructed from very high-quality materials that are also very aesthetically pleasing on the kayak itself. They also say that the kayaking experience is excellent with this product, as they are able to achieve good tracking, and they feel that they are able to glide very well across the water with this kayak. They also say that they are able to get up to high speeds on the water with this kayak. One thing that a lot of people like about this product is that they are able to use it on rough or choppy waters, which is not the case with many other kayaks that are really best when used in still and gentle waters.
View this post on Instagram
Customers have also expressed satisfaction with the fact that this kayak allows people with a very large range of body types to enjoy it. Many kayaks have a much smaller weight capacity, so larger people cannot comfortably enjoy the kayaking experience. Additionally, this kayak is very comfortable and gives people a lot of room to store their gear, which they like. It has adjustable seating, which allows them to customize the seating to their body type for maximum comfort.
There are a couple of disadvantages, but only a few people have reported these. Occasionally, the kayak will arrive with a broken part, but Pelican customer service has been said to be very responsive about fixing these situations. Additionally, paddles do not come with the kayak and need to be purchased separately.
Pros and Cons
Overall, customers have been very happy with the Pelican Sprint 120 XR. They generally have many more positive things to say about it than negative things, although they do have some complaints as well. However, it is important to remember that different customers use these products in different ways, so you should keep that in mind when you are trying to decide whether or not these advantages and disadvantages will apply to you.
The following are some of the qualities that people believe are positive aspects of this kayak:
- Handles relatively well even on somewhat rough waters, very sturdy and relatively safe
- Constructed with really high-quality materials
- Aesthetically very attractive and comes in a variety of colors
- Great speed on the water
- Good tracking
- Will glide nicely on the water
- Plenty of room to store your gear
- Seating is very comfortable, with comfortable foot rests as well. You can also adjust the back height and angle, so that you can customize it to your own body type for additional comfort.
- Very accommodating of different body types, as the capacity goes all the way up to 325 lb.
- Limited lifetime warranty that allows for the replacement of any part of the hull that was not constructed well, and a one-year warranty on the accessories
However, as is the case with any product, this kayak comes with a set of disadvantages as well.
- Paddle and some other accessories that you might like must be purchased separately.
- Sometimes, items will arrive damaged, although Pelican does provide excellent customer service in these situations and is very responsive.
Now that you are familiar with advantages and disadvantages of the 120 XR kayak, you can decide if it’s a good choice for you.
Our rating: 4.3 / 5
The Pelican Sprint 120 XR is, overall, an excellent product that has made many customers happy. You can look at the long list of amenities and see if they make it a good product for you to use. It is good for people who want a good kayak to use on rough or choppy waters, which they will not be able to find with many other products. Additionally, it is attractive, comfortable for the user, and will provide a great experience overall.
Users also searched for: