Are you interested in paddle boarding? Are you trying to decide what brand of paddleboard to purchase? Do you know what features to look for? What about the opinions of users? Here is some valuable information before deciding on the Isle Pioneer Inflatable Paddle board and the Isle Pioneer Inflatable Stand Up Paddle board.
You can sit on a standup paddleboard. While a standup paddleboard (SUP) was designed for standing, different chair options make it simple to convert the board. But even without the chair option, it is easy to ride while kneeling or sitting on the board.
It can be used for:
- Paddling all around
- Pet-friendly paddling
- SUP surfing
- Yoga and fitness
Features of the Isle Pioneer iSUP
This board is rigid and durable. It’s constructed using multiple layers of military-grade PVC, with a process in which the drop stitch is coated with a unique bonding and sealing layer, then fuses it with a higher-density, machine-laminated PVC layer. This meticulous process removes the human error factor in bonding and creates a durable and lightweight bond.
- 10’6″ in length
- 24″ wide
- 6″ thick
- Weighs 24 lbs.
- It has a 300 lbs. weight capacity
- Easy to transport
- Requires little storage space
- Includes an 8′ coil leash
- Has nylon touring center fin
- Manual iSUP hand pump
- iSUP travel bag
- Includes hybrid three-piece adjustable SUP travel paddle
- Extremely durable for many years of enjoyment
- Suitable for all skill levels, especially beginners or riders preferring flat water paddling in harbors, lakes, and bays
- Ten minutes inflate time using a high-pressure hand pump
- An electric pump will inflate in 5-7 few minutes
- It rolls up to the size of a sleeping bag when deflated
- It comes with a backpack, large enough to carry the board, adjustable paddle, pump, and removable fin, making it easy to hike to your destination
- The backpack also makes it easier to store anywhere in your garage or home and can be checked as baggage on an airplane, bus, or train
- The six-point front bungee and four-point rear bungee system make it easy to hold all your equipment securely.
- Two Velcro straps secure the paddle long the rail of the board when it is not in use.
- There are reinforced tail and nose grab handles that make loading and moving the board simple. They can also be used as tie-ups on a dock or as a leash.
What Do Users Say?
According to several owners, they had the board for several years years, and it is still in great shape.
The owners also mentioned the following information:
- When fully inflated, you cannot tell this is an inflatable iSUP
- Very easy to lift, not heavy like a rigid board.
- Takes up very little space in the car and stores easily.
- The performance of this board is slightly less than some. You will trade speed and performance for the convenience of this board.
- Set up time is fast.
- Recommend not purchasing a board without front tie-downs.
- The paddle is very high quality and adjustable but very heavy. Recommends upgrading to a lighter, high-performance paddle.
Because of the convenience of inflating and deflating, it can be taken places where a rigid board could not be taken.
The thickness allows the users to sit above the water for spring or fall trips when the water is colder. Overall opinion is that it’s very stable. A potential buyer should be aware that it is a chore to inflate with the included hand pump. One owner stated that he has run into rocks over the years, but the board does not show any wear. He says it is one of the best purchases he has ever made and highly recommends the board and the company.
View this post on Instagram
Overall love is also for the speed in which it inflates. Don’t get concerned if the pump gauge does not show a reading, keep going. You cannot overinflate manually. It moves easily, turns well, and the footbed is comfortable. The paddle is light, adjusts easily, and feels it works very well. In his opinion, it is the perfect solution for a boarder who has no way to store a hardboard. And also it’s quite easy to transport.
It seems that occasionally the pump’s rubber ring that comes off occasionally and needs to put on again. The pump itself is not the best in quality, as it can break after some time.
Pros and Cons
Now that we know what the iSUP offers, let’s check out pros and cons.
- Tracks well
- Removable center fin
- Everything you need is included: paddle, strap, repair kit, bungee cords, pump
- Paddle breaks down into two equal sizes for easy travel
- Pump works well
- 15 PSI makes board rigid
- Solid, good performance
- Inflates easily and quickly
- Very durable
- Very easy for a beginner
- Seams fail in time
- Company customer service could be more
- Separating seams
- Elastic cord keeper came off
- Board seems to be warped
- Backpack material is quite thin
- It can feel “Clunky” in the water for some
- The black center pad gets hot in the sun
As with every product, both good and bad things can be said. Frequently it depends on the user and how he or she handles their possessions.
Our rating: 4.5 / 5
I think the overall consensus is that the Isle Pioneer Paddleboard is a sound purchase for anyone wanting to experience the fun and adventure of paddle boarding on an exciting body of water. Why not add a new dimension to your life and try it, right?