Aquaglide Mckenzie 125 is one of the best inflatable kayaks suitable for one or two persons. With this boat, your paddling experience is guaranteed to be more fun. Are you searching for a paddling boat for your adventure? Let the new 2020 Aquaglide Mckenzie 125 be your choice. Your paddling experience will be remarkable with this kayak, from Whitewater River to recreational on lake and coastline.
It has a traditional river-running outline and rocker, providing stability and maneuverability in rough water. The removable tracking fins ensure one remains on track while on flat water.
It is made from high-quality Duratex hull material and fitted with a welded seam and Aquaglide, which adds an EvoBeam floor. It is characterized by an adjustable padded core, two seats that can be moved or removed, and a large cockpit that offers large storage space.
In this review, we are set to examine the features, user experience, pros and cons of this kayak. I hope by the end of this review, you will make an informed decision concerning the best boat for your fun adventurers and fishing activities.
Distinctive Features of Aquaglide Mckenzie 125
- Made of Duratex / welded seams, a high-quality material, and reinforced lightweight, stiff and durable PVC.
- The size has a length of 12.2 feet, 34.5 inches in width, and weighs about 30 pounds. The lightweight of this vessel makes it portable.
- The weight capacity is 600 pounds and a maximum capacity of two persons.
- Fitted with drain plugs: the four mesh self-bailing ports help eliminate excess water from the boat.
- Lightweight, making it portable: It weighs only 30 pounds and has a backpack storage bag for transportation ease.
- Two comfortable adjustable and removable seats: The seat cushion is made of breathable high-quality material.
- Fitted with a flexible post-track fin that increases tracking while on flat waters.
- It has an EvoBeam floor, which adds more strength and performance while on the water for a safe and fun experience.
- Large cockpit for safekeeping of gears and other equipment
- Fitted with self-bailing cockpit drains, which assist in draining water quickly from the cockpit.
- Halkey-Roberts type valve necessary for easy and secure inflation
- Stainless steel D-rings for firmly securing the seats
- Carrying handles: the kayak is fitted with molded plastic carry handles for easy carrying or lifting the boat.
- Seatback straps: They hold the seat firmly in position to overcome force from rough water. Also, help in adjusting the seats to offer additional comfort.
- The cockpit has a mesh drain for getting rid of water to prevent damaging the gears.
- It is specifically designed to operate in whitewater and recreational hybrid.
Here you can check an overview video by Tsunami Marketing:
What Do Users Say About Aquaglide Mckenzie 125?
Generally, users are very impressed by this kayak. For one, they have recognized the significance of the self-bailing feature, which helps maintain the floor dry. Even when the storm sideline, a self-bailing system keeps the water in the kayak to a minimum. They also acknowledge boat stability and ease of paddling.
It takes about 10 minutes to inflate and get the seat ready for the go. Also, the seats are comfortable and easy to adjust, making this kayak more preferable over the others. The large storage space at the cockpit is another thing that makes the users happy.
It is lightweight, making it easy to carry once it is deflated. Additionally, a patch kit, storage bag, two seats, and tracking fin are additional features that make this vessel suitable for water adventure.
The fact that seats are adjustable is another excellent feature that users have noticed. You do not have to worry about your size as with this type of seat you can easily adjust to suit your height. If you are alone, you can adjust the other seat to give you enough space for a paddler.
It offers a face time seating arrangements. Since the seats are removable, they can be installed in a manner that faces each other. This is a great seating position for two people who want water adventure and catch-up and have a meaningful conversation while facing each other and still enjoying the smooth adventure.
Despite having all these great features, it does not come with a pump. The additional cost makes it less attractive to most users as they may not want to spend extra dollars. However, since it is inflatable, one is forced to buy one. The users recommend the manufacturers note this and ensure that the package includes the pump.
It is not designed to accommodate an electric motor. An electric motor is known for faster inflation, but it cannot be used since it is not equipped for one. In this way, users find it time-consuming to inflate the kayak.
Pros and Cons
- Durable: It is made of Duratex/ welded seams and reinforced PVC material, which is lightweight and stiff, making it durable.
- Portability: Since it is made of lightweight PVC material, it weighs about 30 pounds, making it easy to carry around. Besides, it comes with a backpack which, when deflated it is fitted in ready for transportation.
- Maximum of two-person capacity: It comes with two removable seats that are easily fixed while in use. The seats can be installed facing each other back of the face to face where riders want a one-one conversation.
- Easy to inflate and deflate: Users observed that it took a maximum of 10 minutes to inflate it and fix the seats.
- Removable fins: It is a great feature as users can remove them while not in use or install more suitable ones. For instance, some users operating on the river found the delivered fins to be large and therefore unfit for use in shallow waters and instead installed smaller ones that were more effective.
- Ease of paddling: Users find it easy to paddle this type of kayak. Therefore, it becomes more preferred as users can stay on the water for a more extended period without getting fatigued.
- One-year warranty: The manufacturer has offered the user a one-year warranty for any defects. This is good news to users as they can receive free repairs within one year of purchase without spending an extra dollar.
- Comfortable and adjustable seats: The seat cushion is made of breathable high-quality material. Given that they are adjustable makes them more comfortable as they can adjust to their comfortable position.
- Self-bailing feature: This feature ensures the floor remains dry by letting out water through the mesh that may have seeped through while on high tide in deep water.
- Pump not included: The package does not include the pump, which is not the case with other types of kayaks. As an inflatable boat, it is ironic for manufacture not to include a pump. This forces the user to spend extra dollars purchasing the pump.
- Not designed for electric motor: In other words, users are limited and cannot use an electric motor on this vessel.
Our rating: 4.5 / 5
If your primary goal is to have an adventurer’s activity in the water, you can never go wrong with Aquaglide Mckenzie 125. It is made of tough material, making it resistant to damage while in water, and therefore your safety is guaranteed. With adjustable seats, it is possible to have face to face conversation with your partner while on an adventure.
Despite having few disadvantages, it is undeniable that this boat is best for your adventure.